Tip: Are you looking for some specific term or disease? The best way is to use search feature above
Herbal supplements are made from plants, especially leaves and flowers, stems, roots or bark. Plant parts can be used either in their natural form, or prepared as tablets, capsules, powders, tinctures and other forms. Herbal supplements contain either all elements occurring in the plant, or only one or two of the isolated and successfully extracted components.
Many plants have several active ingredients that interact with each other, creating a therapeutic effect. In some plants the individual active substances are not clearly identified, and therefore it is necessary to achieve therapeutic effect taking the whole herb. Of the hundreds of drugs that appear to renewed interest in phytotherapy, is usually used to treat chronic or minor health problems.
Herbs – Medicinal plants are often used to achieve or maintain good health, such as strengthening the immune system to maintain low cholesterol levels and preventing fatigue.
Herbs and medical plants – Content Section Articles
- Angelica sinensis benefits and side effects
- Astragalus Membranaceus (milkvetch)
- Black cohosh (cimicifuga racemosa) benefits and side effects
- Cranberry – Health, Benefits, Dosage
- Echinacea (Coneflower)
- Ginger- Definition, Treatment, Side Effects
- Gotu Kola (centella-asiatica) benefits and side effects
- Green Tea – Health benefits, dosage, traetment and side effects
- Information about Herbs and Medical Plants
- Milk thistle and liver
- Peppermint (mentha piperita) benefits oil and tea
- St. John’s wort anxiety and depression
- Tea Tree Oil
- Turmeric (curcuma longa) Health Benefits and Side Effects
- Uncaria Tomentosa (Cat’s Claw) benefits and side effects
- Valerian (valeriana officinalis) dosage and side effects
Page last reviewed: